I’m a homeschooling, handicraft mama. My favourite tools and supplies tell this very well:
- Our Epson eco-tank printer. This thing is amazing!
- A great pair of sharp scissors
- Binders! Preferably D ring
- Page protectors – great for using dry or wet erase markers on so your paper doesn’t get messed up! (For homeschooling and crafts)
- A really good stapler
- 10 drawer storage cart – great to keep all the day’s work organized (we use a workbox system),
- Ink pens, I like very fine ones -0.7 or finer!
- A really good sharpener
And for crafts:
- good quality needles and crochet hooks
- A pair of tiny, sharp scissors
- Good lighting
- Page protectors
- Internet & YouTube
- Ziploc bags for all the bits and pieces
- Plastic storage containers that can handle all the yarn, cloth, etc.
What’s on my desk today/this week?
- Coffee! (that’s a no brainer, always there, bwahaha!)
- Planners, lots of planners. One for Peanut’s homeschooling, one for his completed work so far this year, one for me, one for our house, and one for upcoming events.
- Some of Peanut’s curricula. Math, science, phonics, and reading. These things can’t be scheduled since some days he may do two pages, other days he may do 8. So I have them at hand in case he flies through them quickly.
- A basket for Peanut’s finished schoolwork. It also holds my pens, markers, highlighters, rulers, etc. and his flashcards for his phonics.
- Peanut’s Lego
As for what is on my agenda today/this week, it’s:
- The usual stuff – make and bake fresh bread, sweep, clean, keep the house running.
- Peanut’s homeschooling: fine motor skills, handwriting, phonics, coloring, thinking skills games, teaching him to read, a puzzle or two, math, science, geography, a couple of sticker books, some STEM using either Lego, Morphun blocks, or some other construction toys, and a read aloud book (this week is Magic Tree House #1 and Danny and the Dinosaur).
- Do some sewing. Peanut is growing like a bad weed, and he is in desperate need of some t-shirts and pajamas.
- Doing some crochet for gifts
- Get to the craft shop for some much needed supplies
- Binging on Netflix in the evenings!
A list a day’s topic for today is Things I learned about myself this year:
- I love homeschooling our son
- I don’t need anyone’s approval to be ME!
- I have an anxiety disorder that I probably will never “grow out of”, it’s been a part of me since I was a child, and may be connected to an underlying undiagnosed ASD. And I’m okay with that!
- I’m not immune to getting sick (haha) and getting the Zika virus has caused me to step out of my independent ways and ask for help when I need it. I’m still feeling the effects of this 4 months later, it has affected my fine motor muscles in my wrists, fingers, ankles, and feet. I’ve learned that it’s okay to lean on others when I need to!